To excel in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance through organised learning.
To create a hallmark of excellence in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Programme.
Postgraduate course was established in the year 2010. The Department is a recognised research centre for M. Pharm under the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
The coursework includes the following subjects
- Modern Pharmaceutical Analysis: It gives insight into modern analytical techniques used to qualify and quantify pharmaceuticals.
- Quality Assurance and Management: This subject primarily trains the students on various aspects of quality assurance like GMP, GLP, Validation of methods and pharmaceutical processes and calibration of equipment.
- Regulatory Affairs: It explores the regulatory guidelines of various countries and filing procedures and requirements thereof. It also focuses on the preparation of common technical documents (CTD) and its electronic counterpart (e-CTD).
- Biopharmaceutics: pharmacokinetics is an integral part of the drug development process. The subject covers essential elements of pharmacokinetics like absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis and Product Development: This subject gives insights into the process of drug development including preformulation, stability studies of drug products and substances, solubility and dissolution studies etc.
Research & Publications
- It has received a sum of Rs. 11.25 lakh from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bengaluru.
- 50 high impact publications have been generated by the researchers of the department using the facility.
- Staff members of the department act as a consultant, evaluators, book authors, journal referees, editors etc, because of their competency and contribution in the core knowledge domain
|1||Dr. R B Kotnal||Professor and HOD|
|2||Dr. S R Karajagi||Associate Professor|
|3||Mr. Sripad Potdar||Assistant Professor|