The BLDEAs SSMCOP&RC Library, at the heart of the college, provides an ideal environment for intellectual inquiry with its multiple Study Spaces, Research Assistance, Reading, Learning and Instructional Resources. The Library strives to offer exceptional service by acquiring, organizing, and providing access to information resources specializing in the fields of pharmacy. Library support learning, teaching, research and innovation.
The library has been constructed on the ground floor of the Institute. The existing library occupies a spacious area of about 262.25 sq meters; there are separate sections available in the library such as the Circulations section, Reading section, Reference section, Journal section and Digital library. The library activities are computerized through e-lib 16.2 software and the catalog is available online (web OPAC)
All the books are segregated subject wise and shelved in the properly QR code labeled cupboards. All the books are given accession number. The text book for issue-return is stored separately. Reference books are available in large number to refer in library only, however in case of requirement a book can be given only for one day.
The latest volumes and issues of the subscribed journals are displayed in library at journals section. Old volumes and issues of the hard copy of the journals are hard bound every year, labeled and the separate register is maintained for the tracking, issuing and return record.
Library is well stocked with books, titles and journals as well as electronic resources such as ProQuest, Science Direct, Wiley online and HELINET consortium for use of students and faculty. Library is having institutional membership in Development Library Network (DELNET). Library has also provided reprographic facility to all the users.
A Dynamic library for the attainment of Knowledge and wisdom of the Institution.
To deliver high-quality and comprehensive information resources and services to support the teaching, learning and research need of the Institution
Library Opening Hours
The Library kept open on all the working days, except on Govt holidays and Sunday
|Monday to Friday
|9.30 AM to 8.00 PM
|8.30 AM to 8.00 PM
Library Circulation Hours
|Monday to Friday
|9.30 AM to 5.30 PM
|8.30 AM to 1.30 PM
Library General Rules
- All the students/scholars entering the Library shall keep their bags and other belongings at the entrance
- Members should scan their ID card at the entrance for Visitor tracking system of the Library.
- Library Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Strict Silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the library.
- Eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Please handle Library materials with utmost care.
- No material from the Library should be taken out without proper issuing / recording
- Reference materials such as Pharmacopoeia, handbooks etc. or not issued out of the library
- Any type of Violation of rule may lead to a disciplinary action.
- Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome
|Total No of Volumes
|ProQuest E –Books
|Total No of Titles
|ProQuest E –Journals
|Bound Volumes of Journals
|National and International Journals
|Jaypee E books
|CBS Publications E- Books
|Developing Library Network
Current Awareness Service
E-Journals and E-book Service
|Dr. C Mallikarjun Setty
|Principal & Prof
|Ms. Hasti. Kenia
|Mr. B. S. Hunasagi
|IQAC Head & Assoc Prof
|Dr. C. C. Patil
|Mr. Shridharkumar. Biradar
|Dr. Krishna. Deshpande
|Dr. Sudha. Patil
|Mrs. Mahanada. Kundaragi
|Dr. B M Patil
All the E-Resources under Consortia can be accessed 24×7 by the authorized user of the BLDEAs SSM College of pharmacy and Research Center
|Name of the Staff
|Dr. B. M. Patil
|Mahananda S Shrirahatti
|Yasmeen K Patel